30 days of painting Day 30!

Into the Mist
6" x 6"
oil
I did it! So proud of myself. It turns out when you are a single busy mom, you can find time painting almost every day.  I learned a lot. I would highly recommend that challenge to anyone who wants to get better at painting or at anything else (I would like to do a 30-day-yoga challenge). It will definitely get your creative juices flowing.

Today was a beautiful plein air painting. My friend Andrew and I decided to meet every Thursday and paint. So today we went to the beach. It was foggy all morning long, luckily no rain. The scenery looked a little uninspiring at first. I knew it was deceiving. When I started looking and mixing colors, I noticed subtle color variations.

I was standing very close to the ocean, on a wet sand. I felt like the water could get me. Oh well, it was worth getting a little wet for a sake of painting. At some point, a big wave came and got the legs of my tripod. I noticed it just in time and ran away. It wasn't strong enough to take my equipment:


And here is the collage of all my 30 paintings:
Something tells me I enjoy painting flowers :)
Post a Comment

Popular Posts