Friday, April 7, 2017

30 days of painting Day 3

Blocks
oil
6" x 6"
I like blocks. Maybe it reminds me of my childhood. I found a set on eBay exclusively to be my models. Every time my two-year-old comes to my studio, she wants to play with them. I probably have a child living inside of me who doesn't like sharing. I really need to convince her that it is ok that my daughter plays a little. But I make sure she leaves them in the studio and doesn't take any to her room. :)

Today I made a sketch with my blocks. I like to see how they influence each other. The vivid colors really make it more noticeable. I use a cool filter for my lights. I noticed how shadows become warm.  I read it years ago in Richard Shmidt's Alla Prima when the light is cool the shadows are warm and vice versa. It makes me read it again.
Post a Comment