Pages TOP MENU

Friday, February 14, 2014

Blue, Yellow and Orange

"Blue, Yellow and Orange"
12" x 12"
oil on panel
click here to purchase
I've been collecting blue bottles knowing that one day I will use them in my still lifes. Two of them came from a Japanese restaurant after I and a couple of friends had enjoyed coconut sake. And I actually bought one in a restaurant here in Lincoln City, OR. Yes, they sell empty wine bottles! I guess people ask them all the time. I wonder if those people are artists...

I personally love blue and yellow together, so I didn't think long about what fruit to add to my bottles. Of course lemons! Although I wanted to see how blue will look near orange. It was fun to paint this study. It took me a couple of days to complete. Painting slow gives me an opportunity to see many nuances I probably wouldn't notice painting quick studies.
Post a Comment