Pages TOP MENU

Friday, September 13, 2013

30 Paintings in 30 Days. Day 13

"Salmon River"
8" x 16"
oil on panel
click here to bid

I painted this quick study outside in the morning. It was the first time I painted a panoramic view and enjoyed it very much. I mostly use standard formats because it is easier to frame them if the painting turns out fine. It worked very well for this landscape. By the way it is the same view that I posted for the days 9 and 12.

P.S. Sorry for the confusion. I was browsing artist's blogs and noticed that my painting with coffee mugs looks so much like Carol Marine's. Somehow I almost copied her arrangement. It wasn't my intention. Sorry Carol. So just so you know I got inspired by Arthur Stern and his book "How to see color and paint it".  It is his fault! :) He suggested to paint similar objects
and I thought why don't I paint all my coffee mugs...It is a wonderful book on color by the way.
Post a Comment