Pages TOP MENU

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Composition with Bottles

"Composition with Bottles"
16" x 20"
oil on panel
I got inspired to paint a large painting after doing a couple of small studies of vegetables and fruit from farmer's market. Also I wanted to paint the tall blue bottle that was stored in my studio for a while. There are actually a couple of items in my studio I bought and never used... For the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge I plan to use as many "neglected" items as possible.

I spent more than an hour organizing the set up, changing backgrounds and moving objects. It is an interesting, sometimes frustrating part of the process. Fortunately it worked out well all together. I combined different textures, colors and shapes in this composition which was very fascinating to paint.
Post a Comment