Thursday, July 4, 2013

Sunflower and Delphinium

"Sunflower & Delphinium"
8" x 10"
oil on canvas panel
$150
click here to purchase
I love sunflowers, so I wanted to know what it symbolizes. The Internet gives different meanings of the sunflower.

In Chinese symbolism, for instance,  the sunflower deals with long life, good luck and is considered very auspicious. It's yellow color signifies vitality and intelligence. It's a symbol of happiness too.

In esoteric Christianity, the sunflower is a symbol of God's love. The sunflower as a symbol can also represent the unwavering faith that guides the soul to the highest spiritual attunement. No wonder so many artists and photographers get inspired by it.

To me the sunflower is the reminder of my childhood. I used to spend every summer in the country and often went to sunflower fields. I really cherish that time...

P.S. HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!
Post a Comment