Pages TOP MENU

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Sandgren Oregon Coast PaintOut

"Ona Beach"
8" x 10"
oil on panel
$120
click here to purchase
I finally could join the group of artists from around the country fro the annual plein air painting. I think they have been painting for a week already.

We met at Ona Beach State Park in Seal Rock, OR today. I usually plein air paint by myself, so this was a really special treat. I painted in the park once before and just loved its sand dunes and trees, and today I found them very inspiring as well.

Despite all my highest expectations to paint several studies I only managed one. Literally wind just kicked me out. I thought I was dressed according to my artist fellows advice, but the wind was freezing cold and just didn't stop blowing. I was standing at first, then I had to hide myself in the grass...



Tomorrow we are going to Rocky Creek State Wayside. I'm planning to get prepared better this time.

P.S. I have to say to everyone - if you ever decide to come to Oregon, September and October are the best months for plein air painting here at the Coast...
Post a Comment