Pages TOP MENU

Sunday, June 30, 2013

30-Day-Painting Challenge - Day 30!

"Banana and Apple"
6" x 6"
oil on gessobord
$100


My challenge is over! So what did I learn by doing 30 paintings in 30 days?

1. My painting skills have improved.

2. I have more confidence in my work.

3. I’ve met new friends on the Internet. It has been a lot of fun sharing this challenge with you. My hits to my blog increased more than 10 times. Thank you so much for your support! It was very helpful.

4. I no longer torture myself trying to decide what to paint. Painting every day gave me freedom to paint it all and experiment with color, brushstroke and composition.

5. It helped me to create a daily routine of painting and posting on my blog.

6. It brought more joy to my work. I don’t think about creating great work I just experiment and finally have fun!

7. I learned that I could paint and go to work, spend time with my family and friends and travel. I have to say that’s a lot of pressure though. I did feel burned out at times but I didn’t let it stop me from painting.  

8. I let go of the outcome. Painting daily left no time for overthinking and often made me very happy with the result.

9. I learned to work faster and be more productive.

10. I painted more in 30 days than I did in 6 months. Just in time for an upcoming art festival in Salem, OR.

It was a very fulfilling experience. Now I’m going to post as often as I can. And I will have time to visit other artists' blogs and see what they are up to. I neglected my family a little bit, so I plan to make up by taking my dog to the beach and cooking for my husband today. 

I have so much respect for the artists that do it every day...
Post a Comment