Wednesday, June 26, 2013

30-Day-Painting Challenge - Day 26

"Red Barn"
10" x 8"
oil on cotton panel
$150
I was driving in the country near Joseph, OR looking for a place to paint and saw this barn. I have to say there are many red barns around. I just needed to find a good spot to park my car and set up the easel. Preferably if it is not near highway. I enjoy quiet places...

I was in the middle of painting when suddenly light changed. It became dark. I looked up and saw that a huge black cloud was hanging over my head. Quickly I folded the easel together and jumped in the car. But I was so excited to finish the study, so I came up with a plan of painting in the back of the car. I had to sit in a crossed legged position and the canvas was too close, but I managed to finish it. I have so much respect for all artists that paint outside all the time...
Post a Comment