30-Day-Painting Challenge - Day 23

"Oysters" 6" x 6" oil on gessobord $100
I saw a couple of wonderful paintings of numerous artists with fish and crabs and was wondering how they managed to paint them. Did they use ice to keep it fresh or maybe for the love of art it had not to be eaten? Anyway I thought I would try it myself.

So I bought a dozen of fresh oysters. Yum! Usually I eat them cooked in a restaurant. Because I wanted to paint an open oyster I had to find a video on Youtube on how to do it. And that is not easy without a special knife I have to say. With the help of my husband a couple of them were opened and eaten raw. I know that my Russian friends get jealous by reading this because oysters are a big delicacy there. Sorry guys...

I wanted to use ice to keep it cool but it didn't work because it melted very quickly. Finally I just set up my timer for an hour and painted. It was fun! Of course I ate it after I finished my study. It tasted fine...

Post a Comment

Popular Posts