30-Day-Painting Challenge - Day 20

"Transparent Blue"
6" x 6"
oil on gessobord
$100
I love painting small studies! A timer became my new friend. I keep an eye on it constantly while painting. One hour limit for a still life really works. There is little chance I can overwork a painting in an hour. And another thing and the most difficult - I cannot continue changing or improving anything after time is over.

I was exploring blue today. I was interested in painting two blue glass subjects: one is more transparent than another. I was focusing on values and colors through the whole process. Like I mentioned before I had no time to stop and think about my subject, so there are no details in that study. I only had thoughts like "What colors do I need to mix to get this deep blue? or Where is the darkest value? etc."
1 comment

Popular Posts