30-Day-Painting Challenge - Day 11

"Poppy"
6" x 6"
oil on gessobord
$100

I enjoy painting flowers but often overwork them. That one turned out pretty fresh I think.

I had to wipe off two paintings I did yesterday. The first one I did of a model in a garden in the morning. Even that I didn't like the painting I enjoyed time with a great group of artists from Eugene. I had met them a coupe of months ago. They meet once a week for a painting session. This time it was outside with a model. What a wonderful idea! But sorry, I need to practice some more painting figures. I hope there will be time when I could share a successful figure painting with you.

The second one was in my studio painting iris. The flower looked so beautiful. But I had no luck with that one either. I spend too long working on it and overworked it. It had to go...

You know when I dare to wipe a weak painting off, it makes me feel free. Highly recommended!
Post a Comment

Popular Posts