Pages TOP MENU

Monday, March 18, 2013

Apple and Pear

"Apple and Pear"
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard
SOLD

I spent a couple of days struggling with my still lifes. I was working on a painting with orange pansies on Friday. After two hours I absolutely forgot a rule - if a painting doesn't work after several hours of work wipe it off and start over. Nope, I didn't want to leave it alone. The results were two things - an unhappy artist and an overworked tired panel. All I needed is to stop. I learned my lesson...

I finally took a break and went to a local health store and bought a bag of organic apples. And one looked just perfect for a still life. Its beautiful bright red was very attractive. All I needed to do - to keep my colors pure. The approach in this study was light and shadow...
Post a Comment